Thankyou to Adventurous Alexis for the award, I am thrilled ! Although not a physical award , but a virtual one sent between bloggers who think other bloggers are worth a read ! You upload the award and answer the 11 questions that you are set ! Then you nominate a couple blogs and they answer the questions you set! It’s great for bloggers to connect 🙂
Here are my 11 questions and answers set by Alexis !
1. Who inspires you? My mum and dad did a lot of traveling back in the day. Being brought up hearing the amazing stories and seeing some of the fascinating pictures inspired me to have my own stories and photos to share of my travels one day and here I am !
2. What do you do to combat any of the negative sides of travelling? I haven’t been travelling for long as I only moved to Milan in August! I guess you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on !
3. How do you plan your trips, if at all? It usually involves me sitting with iPad Pinteresting, instagramming and Facebook trawling for amazing places to visit! Then I whine at Gary for a while and he eventually says “book it”! I’m very organised and usually write a list for a list! Gary on the other hand is a “take it as it comes” kind of person ! It’s a nice balance as we explore all the must dos but manage to find so many hidden gems just through exploring and ditching the map!
4. If you could pack up everything you own and move right at this very moment where would you move to? I just did that four months ago ! I packed up all my worldly belongings and moved from Scotland to Italy and I’m so glad I did !
5. What song do you listen to most on the road? How cheesy ! Gary and I were friends for a year or so before we got together and we used to love a good road trip and we still do ! Our song is definitely Better Together by Jack Johnson!
6. What is your favourite app on your phone/tablet/etc? Instagram ! I love the fact that you can see the world through someone else’s eyes ! To me , a picture speaks a thousand words !
7. Which blogs do you check daily? I am a part of the female travel bloggers community on Facebook and I try to check there blogs as often as possible ! It’s nice to read from people who are in the same position as you starting out ! But I also love World of Wanderlust by Brooke !
8. Fill in the blank: lie on the beach with a pina colada and Chill.
9. Which blog post are you most proud of? I’m happy with my Top Travels of 2015 as I love looking back at all the amazing things I got to do and the places I got to see ! Read it here !
10. What is your top 3 items on your bucket list that are not related to travel? That’s so difficult because nearly everything is related to travel !
11. What luxury item do you bring on your travels? Why? Not so much a luxury item but I never go anywhere without my selfie stick ! You just never know when those perfect picture moments could happen lol
- Beach or pool?
- Where is your favourite place you’ve travelled to and why ?
- What is your favourite form of social media ?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be ?
- What advice would you give to a new traveller ?
- Where’s the most romantic city and why ?
- Where is top of your wander Wishlist ?
- Why do you blog ?
- Where in the world have you visited ?
- What’s your favourite inspirational quote ?
- one word to describe your travels so far .