I used to spend hours on social media enviously trawling through an endless amount of travel accounts, people ‘living the dream’, exploring the world, getting lost in a new City or sipping a Pina Colada on a white, sandy beach… Whilst I was stuck in cold, dreary, wet Glasgow feeling sorry for myself.
As a teacher I was always excited about my career, as it could take me anywhere in the world! So why hadn’t I done anything about it ? So one day I grew a set of balls and applied for a teaching job in Milan, 3 months later I was on a flight with all my belongings rammed in to one suitcase off to start my new life in Italy. And it’s the best decision I ever!
So here is a reason, for each week I have been here, Why I am better off in Italy …
1) Pizza Pizza Pizza !
2) Italy is pretty whatever the weather !
3) Traditional Italian streets…
4) That sky above our beautiful appartment
5) The Scenic views
6) The hidden gems
7) one word.. NUTELLA
8) The authentic pasta …
9) The architecture and landmarks
10) The most important… 5 Euros for a Litre of wine (much nicer than the buckfast back home and cheaper too !)
I hope you’ve enjoyed my first post! All photos are from my Instagram, give me a follow ! FRANKIEGOESTOMILANO INSTAGRAM
Ciao Frankie xoxo